Thursday, December 31, 2009

Decorating the Edible and Non-Edible: Christmas Edition

This is our mantle.... My mom made the J-O-Y letters out of styrofoam, moss and holly.




This is a new display that my mom did this year.
She used a game table, garland, angels, remains from an old wreath, and a lamp.
I liked it! Do you?




Now for the edible part of this post......

1st recipe: Peanut Butter Balls

You will need......


1 cup finely chopped nuts, your choice.


1 cup graham cracker crumbs


1 cup peanut butter, (of course)


1 box of powdered sugar



And two cookie sheets lined with wax paper.


Mix it up until combined.

It should look like this.....


Spray hands with Pam(r) and roll into ball.



It should look like this.............

Put on tray and chill for 20 to 30 min.


Then melt 6 oz. package of chocolate chips and 1/2 bar of wax. Microwave in 30 sec. intervals until completely melted. 5-6 min. total. Dip in chocolate and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.

Decorating Sugar Cookies.....





Geaux Tigers!!!

fyi my brother did that, not me. :)

My Side....


My Brother's Side.....


Thank you for taking the time to read this post! I know it was long but, I thought it would be fun to bore enlighten you on our decorating!

Please Comment!!! Thanks!

3 comments:

~ McKenzie Elizabeth~ said...

Cute post! I love baking:)

Thank you for commenting on my blog. It is always fun to hear from you! I hope you have a blessed new year!!!

McKenzie~

Rachel said...

I love the shiny icing! They came out pretty!

Katie said...

LOL Jason has a bit of an obsession with Purple and Gold :D