Sunday, December 19, 2010

I Wouldn't Change A Thing....

I can never say "Why?"


It just won't happen. I just can't. 


Often times, as I am reading adoption stories, I think back to the time God led our family through the process. 


I remember the mounds of paperwork, meetings, and fingerprinting we had to do, not to mention standing in line getting our passports. 


I remember waiting in anticipation by praying, buying things with her name on it, waiting to travel to a foreign country to get her and to see the sites. 


I remember missing her when Christmas came around.


(these are the things I can relate to.)


But, I also remember getting the call. 


It was not just any ordinary call, but a heartbreaker


I don't remember much of my emotions that day. I forgot if I was crying or stunned. 


But, I kept saying that "God is preparing us for something bigger." I didn't know what the "bigger" was at the moment. I just knew he had something better in store for us. 


Sitting in a government glass on a cold March morning, I was reminded. (okay, maybe it sparked my remembrance.) In the months to come, I realized that...


I wouldn't have changed a thing. 

Not one. single. thing.

I just can't. 



No comments: