Monday, August 9, 2010

Let the School Year Begin.......

1 Corinthians 13 for Home-Schooling Moms*

Though i teach with the very best skills,
But do not have love,
I am just drawing attention to myself.
And if I have experience, and knowledge of all the best techniques,
and test results proving my effectiveness
But do not have love,
I am wasting my time.
And if I work hard, sacrificing all my money, my time, and my energy
But do not have love,
It adds up to nothing.

The loving teacher is patient with her children, allowing them to learn
according to their God-given temperaments and developmental rates.
She is kind, treating her children respectfully.
She does not compare herself with others.
She does not brag about her accomplishments, and is not smug
      about teaching her own children.
She does not try to be like anyone else, but acts appropriate to the way
    God made her.
She is not irritable and pushy and insistent upon making her children
   fit into her lesson plan.
She is more concerned with promoting truth and beauty than
      with criticizing those who don't.
She perseveres in developing her own character, believing that God's ways
      are always best. She is not a quitter.
Love never fails.

If there are creative ideas, they will be replaced.
If there are great curricula, they will be superseded.
If there are effective techniques, they will be improved.
All that we know is only a part.
Only later will God reveal education at its best.
When I was a child, I had unrealistic expectations.
As an adult, I know better.
Now abideth faith, hope, and love.
But the greatest of these is love.



* And Dads

No comments: