Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 14 - A memory

(yeah....I changed it. :) )



A simple question: "Where is the smoke coming from?"

A simple answer:  "I'll show you. Come."

Walking down a wet, dirt path, I turn to the right as he leads me to a dark kitchen. I can barely see two women working over a hot stove making homemade tortillas. Wetting their hands, in what I presume to be dirty water, they spin their tortilla around and then place it on the hot stove. They have a system and wanted me to try it. I think they thought it was funny to see a gringo make tortillas for the first time. :)  After several tries and about 5 mins. of placing it on the hot stove, I have made my first tortilla in Guatemala. 


A memory. 


A simple question: "Where's the smoke?"

A simple answer: "I'll show you. Come."

I walk down the cobblestone, dirt street of Jerusalem where Jesus had walked many years before I had ever lived. He leads me to the hill where Jesus hung on a tree. He tells me that my Savior became the sacrifice for my sins. He tells me I no longer need to offer up sacrifices once a year. The fragrance of our sin was now Jesus, not some animal. He was the sacrifice once and for all. 

A memory. 


May we be reminded, during this time of Lent, of the sacrifice Jesus made for us. 



"For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God." – 2 Corinthians 5:21


(1&3 from wehearit.com

No comments: